Monday, January 27, 2014

Faith soothes all suffering.

     It's been a while since I've shared a blog and I was in definite need to clear my mind. My head has been running a million miles a minute and luckily I have some time to relax and ponder these thoughts while my little one dreams away during her afternoon nap. I ran across this quote from somebody that I talked to the other day, who really helped me through something, and needed to share with everybody. That is, that "faith soothes all suffering."

     I have the word faith tattooed on me and I guess I don't really think about it all too much, which I regret, but life needs no regrets. Whatever is done is done and is in the past. No need to regret. Each day is a new day to start over fresh. There's no need to wonder what ifs and buts, although I am guilty of doing this from time to time.

     Lord knows, my husband knows I do this! Last week I received the worst phone call of my entire life. Everything is okay in a sense. I have my worries though still. I did not know what to do. I felt helpless and so far away. To date, it was the hardest thing I have had to deal emotionally. I felt pain physically - I felt absolutely sick to my stomach. Nothing could prepare me for that phone call. I am just so thankful everything is "okay." So, so thankful. I wake up each day since then with a new outlook. It's crazy how perspective can change the way a person thinks after something like this happens. I am praying like crazy each and every day. Time is dwindling down which I am happy about. My faith is what soothed me. God was on our side and so was St. Michael. Nothing is difficult with God next to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment