Friday, April 18, 2014

Beauty in the Breakdown

You know you've held things in to long when you let go. Today I did just that. I broke down. My baby was feeling pain and I felt it too. The teething monster is an awful creature that prays on sweet little girls & boys. No medicine nor Mama's touch could take the pain away today. After two hours of absolute dismay - I cried. Luckily my husband walked in the door right before I really broke. I can handle anything, usually. I normally never cry and hold in however I'm feeling. I've always been told it's not good to keep it in so when I cry, I cry about everything! It was one of those days. Nothing was going right and everything had gone wrong today. It's one of those days where you tumble out of bed, trip over your two left feet, your butterfingers don't let you hold onto anything, and you can't comfort your crying baby! Yup, that has been how my day is going! She is sleeping right now & I can think. You know, it's good to cry and get emotions out of your system. It doesn't mean you don't feel, it just means you're stronger than you think! Every strong person breaks down sometime. I'd like to consider myself a strong woman! Leaving family and moving to Germany with my husband, along with having a baby and raising her for 8 months alone before my husband returned from Afghanistan due to injury made me stronger. If I can do all of that, I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment